Hi, I’m Niall.
Here I am drinking coffee…
A few things about me:
- I was born in 1982 and raised in South Kilkenny in Ireland (near Waterford City).
- From 2007-2010 I worked as a web designer for Loyola University New Orleans. I ended up there because my favorite NBA basketball team played in New Orleans and I wanted to see them play in person. I ended up creating a website about the team. That website became affiliated with ESPN. I got a media credential and was able to sit courtside and interview players and coaches in the locker room, living the bejesus out of my teenage dream.
- In 2010 I came up with a new dream: to travel the world and earn a living online. I promptly quit my job and have been self-employed ever since.
- Over the years I’ve worked as a freelance web developer, project manager, coach, writer, blogger, author, online course creator, YouTuber, affiliate marketer, public speaker, and virtual assistant.
- For a 44-month stretch between 2011 and 2015, I traveled around the world without flying, visiting 37 countries and crossing three oceans on a complete circumnavigation of the globe. Read more about that adventure here.
- I’ve written two books. Both of them have fairly good reviews.
- I made this video, which went a bit viral…
Seven years ago, this Irishman took a risk and quit his job to travel the world. The video he made about his journey is the most inspiring thing you'll ever see!Follow him: Disrupting the Rabblement
Posted by Meanwhile in Ireland on Friday, November 17, 2017
- I’ve been featured in and on a number of publications. Radio, newspapers, etc. You can see a list here.
- Since January 2011 I’ve been tracking all my income and expenses and publishing monthly finance reports.
- Since February 2013 I’ve been writing and publishing daily vignettes that I call Momentos.
- You can reach me via himself[at]ndoherty.com, though I’d rather you leave a comment here on this site as I try to keep email to a minimum.