eBiz Facts is an ad-free website supported by legendary patrons and select affiliates.
We choose not to interrupt or distract you, our guest, with display ads on this website.
Our goal is to present you with helpful and carefully vetted information about building an online business. Showing you ads from the highest bidder doesn’t help us achieve that. In fact, it does the opposite.
One of two primary ways we fund this website is through the generous contributions of patrons via our Patreon page.
This monetization method is known as crowdfunding, and we love it.
We do our best work helping people build online businesses, and some of those people – those who can afford it and so choose – say thanks by buying us a cup of coffee each month.
Those contributions go a long way towards helping keep eBiz Facts free for everyone.
The second way we fund this website is through carefully vetted affiliate offers.
This monetization method is known as affiliate marketing. Here’s how it works:
- We find and review products and services related to building an online business (e.g. tools, courses, job boards, etc.)
- Whenever we find a particularly good product or service, we sign up as an affiliate. 2
- We then use a special link to recommend that product or service to you. If you click that link and make a purchase, you pay the normal price – sometimes you’ll even score a discount – and we receive a commission.
When done right, affiliate marketing is win-win-win:
- You win by purchasing a great product or service to help build your online business.
- We win by helping you make a smart decision and earning a commission.
- The company that offers the product or service wins by making a new sale.
Here are some affiliate offers that we regularly recommend:
- Several Udemy courses with 20+ reviews and 4+ stars
- The Authority Site System by Authority Hacker
- SafetyWing travel insurance
- Sendy email marketing software
To keep ourselves accountable, and to show you exactly how much it costs to build and run this website, we publish monthly finance reports showing every dollar earned and spent since January 2011.
Why Are We Disclosing All This?
We’ve always believed in transparency on the web, especially when it comes to making money online.
Second, we want to be honest and upfront with you, our guest, so we can earn your trust and see you back here regularly, sharing your own online business success.