Site Progress Report – February 2011
Before I get into this month’s site progress report, some quick announcements:
Can’t see the video? Click here.
- February was by far the best month this site has ever had.
- No more interview posts after this Wednesday’s Q&A with Tyler Tervooren.
- I’m cutting back to publishing just twice per week on the blog. Look out for newness on Tuesdays on Fridays, starting next week.
Site Progress Report – February 2011
Ok, so these monthly site progress reports are a way to keep myself motivated and accountable. I’m hoping I can build my audience significantly over time and share what works for me.
If you’re not interested in website traffic or building an audience online, you may want to skip these posts. No worries. I usually post them on weekends so they don’t much get in the way of my regular articles.
Here are the numbers for ndoherty.com for January 25 to February 24.
- 16 published posts (+3 compared to last month)
- 251 comments (including mine, +134)
- 9,576 visits (+4,055)
- 16,792 pageviews (+7,726)
- 3:10 average time on site (+1:07)
- 1.75 pages/visit (+0.11)
- 464 total followers on Twitter (+125)
- 331 total rss/e-mail subscribers (+74)
Most popular posts/pages
- Random Acts of Courage – Wednesday challenges and field report (1,614 views)
- The Stockdale Paradox (1,442 views, +556 compared to last month)
- The Disrupting the Rabblement manifesto: How to think for yourself, live your dreams, and piss off some zombies (740 views)
- About Disrupting the Rabblement (523 views, +300)
- Random Acts of Courage – Tuesday challenges and field report (447 views)
Top traffic sources
- google / organic (3,164 visits, +1,007 compared to last month)
- direct (2,179 visits, +1,094)
- facebook.com (1,137 visits, +425)
- twitter.com (862 visits, +745)
- feedburner/feed (350 visits, +250)
Top search terms
- stockdale paradox (578 visits, +137 compared to last month)
- niall doherty (157 visits, +98)
- ndoherty (131 visits, +97)
- ndoherty.com (128 visits, +67)
- the stockdale paradox (87 visits, +7)
See Karol Gadja’s excellent post on Think Traffic for an explanation of this stuff.
- Goal 1: Long Visitor (4 mins) – 1,439 conversions, +771 compared to last month
- Goal 2: Rabid Fan (5 pages) – 377 conversions, +221
- Goal 3: Rabid Fan (10 pages) – 94 conversions, +52
- Goal 4: Rabid Fan (20 pages) – 16 conversions, +3
What to make of it all
As mentioned, February was by far the best month that this site has ever seen. All the numbers are heading in the right direction, and I’ve gotten lots of great feedback from readers who tell me that my writing is resonating with them. Good times
Now I just have to keep it up. This past month will be a tough act to follow, but hopefully all will go well with the launch of my online courage course on March 17th (more details on that in due time) and I can drop some helpful free articles here on the blog in the coming weeks.
Odds and ends
A few other things to mention…
By my best estimation, the Disrupting the Rabblement manifesto has been downloaded/read more than 520 times. Thanks to everyone who has taken a look and helped spread the word. The manifesto is now also available via Scribd and Ebookling. On Scribd you can download all sorts of mobile versions, if you’re into that kinda thing.
Introverts in the age of social networking
Last week I did a Q&A with Amber from No Map Nomads on blog marketing and social networking. Head over there if you want to find out more about how I’m trying to build my personal brand.
My improv buddies in New Orleans have a new website and blog set up, and I contributed a guest post, telling the story of how I got into improv and what I liked about it the most. See here: Improv Wins: A Testimonial
Flipping your switch
My friend and fellow masterminder Spyros Heniadis recently released his first digital product called Flipping Your Switch: A meditation on awareness and defining your own freedom. I got to read through it twice before the launch and can testify that it’s a quality piece of work. Best of all, it’s free! Click on the link above to read some quick testimonials and download the ebook.
In case you missed ‘em
Here are the posts I published in the last month:
- Random Acts of Courage – Tuesday challenges and field report
- Random Acts of Courage – Wednesday challenges and field report
- Random Acts of Courage – Thursday challenges and field report
- Random Acts of Courage – Friday challenges and field report
- The Disrupting the Rabblement manifesto: How to think for yourself, live your dreams, and piss off some zombies
- How to travel the world as a full-time language hacker: An interview with Irish polyglot Benny Lewis
- How I earn and spend my money – January 2011 finance report
- Site Progress Report – January 2011
- A lesson I learned from Fucked Up Chuck
- Business as self-expression, why I don’t have a mailing list, and announcing my first paid product
- Embrace your weirdness
- The very next action, positive frames, and outsourcing your brain
- Building castles and laying foundations: An interview with radical minimalist Nina Yau
- Rethinking time
- Ten lessons learned from Random Acts of Courage
- Move to create (and a free business idea)
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to check out my work here. We all have a limited supply of attention, so I very much appreciate that you’ve trusted me with some of yours. I sincerely hope that what you get from this site is worth your investment.
I also appreciate all the feedback I get from readers and respond to every e-mail and comment I receive, so please keep those coming. You can contact me via this page, or leave a comment on any post.