New finance report is up! Get access below to see exactly how much I earned and spent last month. And there was me thinking I’d never beat last month’s personal best for income
*** Explanatory bit for new readers / skip this if you know the dealio ***
I quit my 9-to-5 job in November of 2010 and I’m currently transitioning into sustainable self-employment. The plan is to earn the majority of my income online so I can travel indefinitely and work from anywhere with an internet connection, like a geeky Jason Bourne.
One of my main goals with this blog is to lay down a blueprint so others can learn from my journey and achieve their own freedom.
The biggest problem with leaving 9-to-5 is giving up the steady paycheck that comes with it. You’ll often have to endure a few lean months before you begin to see real money trickle in from your entrepreneurial ventures. I’ve just recently gotten past that point, now earning enough each month via freelance work to cover my expenses. The next step is to start earning primarily via my writing and passive income. I’ll reveal exactly what that process is like and how I make it work, while also sharing with you how much my lifestyle costs and how I afford it.
Three quick notes to help you understand how I track everything:
- I round my expenses up and my earnings down. The idea here is that I’ll be left with a few extra Euros at the end of each month and I can go buy myself a a nice tub of hummus, or something.
- Earnings don’t count until the money is in my bank account or the cash is in my hand.
- I record what I spend and earn each day in a spreadsheet on Google Docs, or just on paper if I don’t have Internet access. I try to track absolutely everything.
*** End of explanatory bit ***
These finance reports are available exclusively to my email subscribers. Same deal with my monthly traffic reports. To get access, enter your email address in the box below (click here if you don’t see it).
- If you’re not yet a subscriber, you’ll have to confirm your address by checking your inbox and clicking a link I send to you.
- If you’re already a subscriber, simply enter your email address again, hit submit, and you’ll be taken immediately to a full list of my finance reports and some other fantasticness. Don’t worry, you won’t be double subscribed.
Just to be clear: By entering your email address above, you’re signing up to receive email updates from me. That means whenever I post something on the blog, you’ll be notified via email. I may also send out a rare message that doesn’t appear on the blog. You’ll be able to unsubscribe at any time via a link at the bottom of each email.
Let me know via the comments if you have any questions.